END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") BEFORE INSTALLING PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, (THE "GAME SOFTWARE"). BY INSTALLING, COPYING, AND/OR OTHERWISE USING THE GAME SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AS SET FORTH BY BLUEHOLE, INC., LOCATED AT 7F Mtek IT Tower, 344 Pangyo-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES (COLLECTIVELY, "BLUEHOLE").
YOUR USE OF THE GAME SOFTWARE IS ALSO SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE STEAM™ SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT AND/OR ANY OTHER TERMS SET FORTH BY VALVE CORPORATION IN RELATION TO THE STEAM SERVICE.
IF YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, select "I ACCEPT" to install the Game Software and to indicate your acceptance of these terms and your understanding of the conditions of use of the Game Software.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, select "I DO NOT ACCEPT" and Bluehole shall not grant to you the License (defined below) to the Game Software.
You agree and acknowledge that all title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights connected with the Game Software and any and all copies thereof (including but not limited to any derivative works, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogs, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, graphics, animation, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, text, screen displays, methods of operation, moral rights, "applets" incorporated into the Game Software, and any related documentation) are owned by Bluehole or its licensors.
The Game Software is protected by the copyright laws of the Republic of Korea, international copyright treaties and conventions, Korean and common law trademark laws, and other laws. All rights are reserved worldwide. The Game Software contains certain materials licensed by Bluehole from others, and Bluehole and Bluehole's licensors may protect their rights in the event of any violation of this Agreement.
3. LICENSE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
You agree to only use the Game Software, or any part of it, in a manner that is consistent with this License and you SHALL NOT:
(a) without written permission from Bluehole, use, advertise or exploit in any manner the Game Software or any of its parts commercially, including but not limited to use at a cyber (Internet) café, computer gaming center or any other location-based site;
(b) without a separate, additional license from Bluehole, use the Game Software or permit the use of the Game Software, on more than one computer, game console, handheld device or PDA at the same time;
(c) use the Game Software, or permit use of the Game Software, in a network, multi-user arrangement or remote access arrangement, including any online use, except as otherwise explicitly permitted by Bluehole in writing;
(d) make copies of the Game Software or any part thereof, except that you may make one (1) copy of the Game Software for backup or archival purposes, or make copies of the materials accompanying the Game Software for non-commercial backup and reference only;
(e) sell, rent, lease, license, distribute, upload to any Internet server or web site, or otherwise transfer any portion of this Game Software or any copies without the express prior written consent of Bluehole. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations under the License to another person for non-commercial use by physically transferring the original Game Software media (e.g., the CD-ROM or DVD you purchased), all original packaging and all manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game Software; provided, however, that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game Software in your possession or control, and that the recipient agrees to the terms of this Agreement. You shall be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, duties, withholdings, charges and assessments that may be due in connection with such transfer.
(f) reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, decompile, disassemble, or create derivative works of the Game Software, in whole or in part (except as the applicable law expressly permits, in which case all and any lawful modifications, adaptations, improvements, etc., and all copyrights and morale rights therein, shall be deemed assigned to, and shall belong to, vest in and be the exclusive property of Bluehole and/or its licensors on creation, in any event);
(g) remove, disable or circumvent any security protections or any technical measures that control access to the Game Software;
(h) remove, modify, deface or circumvent any proprietary notices or labels contained on or within the Game Software;
(i) export or re-export the Game Software or any copy or adaptation in violation of any applicable laws or regulations; or
(j) create data or executable programs that mimic data or functionality in the Game Software.
Furthermore, you agree that you shall abide by the safety information, maintenance instructions or other relevant notices contained in the manual that is included with the Game Software.
- 4. GAME SOFTWARE UPDATES AND PATCHES Bluehole may provide updates, patches and other modifications to the Game Software that must be installed for the user to continue to play the game properly or at all. Bluehole may update, patch or modify the Game Software remotely and access the Game Software residing on your machine for such purpose, and you hereby grant to Bluehole the right to deploy and apply such patches, updates and modifications. All provisions of this Agreement that refer to the "Game Software" shall also include all such patches, updates and modifications.
5. LIMITED WARRANTY
THE SOFTWARE AND SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BLUEHOLE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WRITTEN OR ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Without limiting any of the foregoing, Bluehole does not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Bluehole Services or Your Account. Some states or countries do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, and the foregoing disclaimer may not be applicable to You. This warranty gives You specific legal rights, and You may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state or from country to country.
- 6. LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES IN NO EVENT SHALL BLUEHOLE OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM POSSESSION, USE OR MALFUNCTION OF THE GAME SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES CONNECTED WITH OR CONSISTING OF LOST PROFITS, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA OR FILES, LOSS OF GOODWILL, CONSOLE, COMPUTER OR HANDHELD DEVICE FAILURE, ERRORS AND LOST BUSINESS OR OTHER INFORMATION AS A RESULT OF POSSESSION, USE OR MALFUNCTION OF THE GAME SOFTWARE, OR PERSONAL INJURIES, EVEN IF BLUEHOLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES. FURTHERMORE, IN NO EVENT SHALL BLUEHOLE OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. BLUEHOLE'S TOTAL LIABILITY IN ALL CASES SHALL NOT EXCEED THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID FOR THE GAME SOFTWARE. THE FOREGOING APPLIES EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- 7. TERM AND TERMINATION Without prejudice to any other rights of Bluehole, the License shall remain in effect for as long as you use, operate or run the Game. The License shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with its terms and conditions. In such event, you must uninstall and destroy all copies of the Game Software. You may also terminate the License at any time by destroying the Game Software and uninstalling it from your computer(s) or other applicable hardware. The Sections entitled "Ownership," "License Conditions and Restrictions," "Limitations on Damages," "Term and Termination," "Injunction," "Indemnity," "DISPUTE RESOLUTION," and "Miscellaneous" shall survive any termination of this License.
- 8. INJUNCTION Because Bluehole would be irreparably damaged if the terms of this Agreement were not specifically enforced, you agree that Bluehole shall be entitled, without bond or other security or proof of damages, to take such action as may be required, including seeking an injunction and other equitable remedies, in addition to any other remedies available to it under the applicable law.
- 9. INDEMNITY You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Bluehole, its partners, affiliates, contractors, licensors, officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising directly or indirectly from your acts or omissions in connection with using the Game Software or any breach by you of the terms of this Agreement.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If a dispute arises between You and Bluehole, our goal is to provide You with a neutral and cost-effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Accordingly, You and Bluehole agree to resolve any claim or controversy at law or in equity that arises from or relates to this Legal Agreement or our service (a "Claim") in accordance with one of the subsections below.
The Legal Agreement and the relationship between You and Bluehole shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of Korea without regard to conflict of law principles or the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
You and Bluehole agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the Republic of Korea. Notwithstanding this, You agree that Bluehole is allowed to apply for injunctive or other equitable relief in any court of competent jurisdiction.
For any Claim, excluding Claims for injunctive or other equitable relief, where the total amount of the award sought is less than Ten Thousand U.S. Dollars ($10,000.00 USD), the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the Claim in a cost-effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. A party electing arbitration shall initiate it through an established alternative dispute resolution ("ADR") provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (i) the arbitration shall be conducted, at the option of the party seeking relief, by telephone, online, or based solely on written submissions; (ii) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and (iii) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
All Claims you bring against Bluehole must be resolved in accordance with this Dispute Resolution Section. All Claims filed or brought contrary to this Dispute Resolution Section will be considered improperly filed. If You file a Claim contrary to this Dispute Resolution Section, Bluehole may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to One Thousand U.S. Dollars ($1,000.00 USD), provided that Bluehole notifies You in writing of the improperly filed Claim and You fail to promptly withdraw the Claim.
- 11. AMENDMENTS Bluehole reserves the right to amend this Agreement at any time, at its sole discretion, but will post such changes on the website http://www.playbattlegrounds.com and/or will communicate such changes through the Steam service. If any such future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement in accordance with the above Termination provisions. Your installation and use of any updates or modifications to the Game Software or your continued use of the Game Software following notice of changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of any and all such changes to the terms of this Agreement.
This Agreement represents the complete agreement between you and Bluehole concerning the License and your rights to use the Game Software, and supersedes all prior agreements and representations, warranties or understandings between you and Bluehole (whether negligently or innocently made but excluding those made fraudulently), regarding the same subject matter. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and not be affected.
If you have any questions concerning this Agreement or the License contained therein, you may contact Bluehole at MTEK IT TOWER, 344 PANGYO-RO, BUNDANG-GU, SEONGNAM, GYEONGGI-DO, REPUBLIC OF KOREA, Attn. Legal Department.